Volunteering is about giving your time, effort and skills, without compensation, for the benefit of the community and most importantly yourself.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Career Development - Build your resume, develop and learn new skills, and explore career options
- Understand Your Community - Increase your social awareness and learn about the population you are serving
- Self-Esteem - You will gain self-confidence, and develop a sense of independence and purpose as you are challenged to discover new talents and strengths
- Networking - Meet a diverse group of fun and energetic people and be an active member of the community
- Help Others - Make a difference in your community or someone's life by giving your time and talent
Interested in volunteering?
Several of our agencies are always in need of volunteers. It is best to volunteer for those organizations that match your interest. Look at our partner's listed on funded programs to see those organizations that we help support or give us a call and we will work to find a great volunteer opportunity for you, your company, and/or you family.
If you are interested in volunteering for our direct programs: Reading to Inspire, STEM, or the Internship Program fill out the volunteer application and submit it to Arrowhead United Way.