Volunteering is about giving your time, effort and skills, without compensation, for the benefit of the community and most importantly yourself.
Benefits of volunteering:
- Career Development - Build your resume, develop and learn new skills, and explore career options
- Understand Your Community - Increase your social awareness and learn about the population you are serving
- Self-Esteem - You will gain self-confidence, and develop a sense of independence and purpose as you are challenged to discover new talents and strengths
- Networking - Meet a diverse group of fun and energetic people and be an active member of the community
- Help Others - Make a difference in your community or someone's life by giving your time and talent
Interested in volunteering?
If you are interested in volunteering for our direct programs: Reading to Inspire, STEM, or the Internship Program fill out the volunteer application and submit it to Arrowhead United Way.